By Molly Kinder, David Dollar
Molly Kinder, a fellow in Brookings Metro, discusses with host David Dollar her new report, “Profits and the pandemic” (co-authored with Katie Bach and Laura Stateler), which examines pay practices and financial outcomes during the pandemic-era of 22 of the nation’s largest companies. Kinder notes that most of the large companies enjoyed record financial gains during the pandemic, and that while a few did provide workers with pay raises that exceed a living wage, most did not, and the modest wage gains workers did receive have been wiped out by inflation.
- Listen to Dollar & Sense on Apple, Spotify, Google, or wherever you like to get podcasts.
- Learn about other Brookings podcasts from the Brookings Podcast Network.
- Follow us on Twitter @policypodcasts.
- Sign up for the podcasts newsletter for occasional updates on featured episodes and new shows.
- Send feedback email to podcasts@Brookings.edu.