By Kevin Rudd, David Dollar
In this 100th episode of Dollar & Sense podcast, former Australia Prime Minister Kevin Rudd, now president of Asia Society, discusses his new book, The Avoidable War: The Dangers of a Catastrophic Conflict between the US and Xi Jinping’s China (Public Affairs, 2022). Rudd calls Taiwan the “core strategic tension” between China and the United States, discusses how the U.S. and China can manage strategic competition, looks at trade issues in the region, and describes China’s challenge to the current U.S.-led international order.
The Avoidable War: The Dangers of a Catastrophic Conflict between the US and Xi Jinping’s China, by Kevin Rudd
- Listen to Dollar & Sense on Apple, Spotify, Google, or wherever you like to get podcasts.
- Learn about other Brookings podcasts from the Brookings Podcast Network.
- Follow us on Twitter @policypodcasts.
- Sign up for the podcasts newsletter for occasional updates on featured episodes and new shows.
- Send feedback email to [email protected].